the reason bAM keeps building the list
Since 2005, bAM nurtures an “Ultimate artists” list to offer the best selection possible. We proceed of course with our eye but also as if we were the collector we want to advise. Here is below our process for the best selection,
- Ultimate artists’ selection goes from narrative to conceptual with no other restriction than the quality of their work according to our criteria.
- The criteria bAM uses for the “Emerging” or “Established” selection are supposed to be all completed for that Ultimate section, and
- bAM has been even more selective by adding more criteria like: is the artwork transportable? because as a collector the art we buy must be able to be shown/sell in every part of the world
- is the body of work important enough?
- Is there an inventory made somewhere with a “catalogue raisonné”?
- who is the gallery that represents the artist? good reputation?
- Please note: any artist, even an Ultimate, has “good years and bad years” in term of production. So, if you plan to buy a piece of art, be worry about the year...
- The Ultimate section is built for young artists who should analyze the journey of each Ultimate to take some experience from them
- The “Ultimate” section is built to bring the best choice to any Art Collectors to shorten their researches,
- Of course the price of an Ultimate artist can be extremely high.
- However the level of the price is not the indicator of the best work in the world as well as a high price Price is not a guarantee of a long and productive career.
ULTIMATE ARTISTS SELECTED SINCE 2005,
Louise BOURGEOIS (+)
Charline Von HEYL
Charles Christopher HILL
I J K
Pascale MARTINE TAYOU
Alix Le MELEDER
Robert RAUSCHENBERG (+)
Miguel RIO BRANCO
V – W