be-Art Magazine, a unique process to select the art
Art Collectors like to make a decision on their own when it comes to buy a piece of art.
The art market is worldwide. It means obviously a (too much) wide offer of artists and aesthetic.
As at bAM we separate the wheat from the chaff upon rigorous criteria, we are able to create a great selection of art to help the collector in his/her choice.
I have personally experienced that method for more than 35 years with great success, I have decided to share it with you through bAM.
- FEEL SOMETHING..
Here are selected below some stringent criterion to choose the right artist and the right artwork. If one of those criterion is missing you are sure to make a mistake when purchasing the piece:
- reflect high skills level of technical know-how, but not only.
- It must also contain creativity, not necessarily new but at least treated with originality. The creativity can show in figurative, narrative, abstract or conceptual mode, no matter.
- the experience shows that a good piece of art always reflect as a result the mental process of the artist (again no matter if it is figurative, narrative, abstract or conceptual or brand new)
The Body of work of the Artist must
- be based on excellent technique(s) whatever it is,
- must contain creativity, not necessarily new, but treated with originality,
- the ensemble must be coherent, consistent in a way that it shows a hard work in research directions that can be various but not heterogeneous
- the body of work must show a constantly evolution
Guess the perspective of the artist’s work:
- the art you buy must be transportable any time, any distance,
- conservation of the art that must be perfect to be durable,
- the edition of a photograph, video, sculpture must be really limited as said.
If you are lucky enough to meet the artist
- take the pulse to see if he has a global idea of what he does, a vision
- He should show an ability to tell his/her thoughts in words.
- He should be be ambitious
- He should be inventive
- You should be impressed by his/her character, smartness, but never buy the art because of that ,
- Always pretend the artist is dead when you buy his/her art and more, try to picture the future of the art in two centuries.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.